Saturday, November 18, 2006

Fox mantra

Since my car's CD player died I've been reduced to grubbing through dusty boxes of old cassette tapes for my entertainment on the move. In the player now is a C-90 I ripped (yeah, yeah, we didn't call it that back then, did we?) a couple of Depeche Mode albums to. Side A "Some Great Reward", Side B "Black Celebration". So I get to the end of the second side, and there's the closing track, New Dress, from 1986.

The whole song is as relevant now as it was twenty years ago, but the chorus could serve as Rupert Murdoch's mission statement:
You can't change the world
But you can change the facts
And when you change the facts
You change points of view
If you change points of view
You may change a vote
And when you change a vote
You may change the world

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home